Phishing Prevention Training
The VCU Online Phishing and Email Scam Training is designed to help you recognize phishing and email scams that are used to steal your credentials, personal information and identity. This training will provide you with skills to recognize the tell-tale signs of scams and teach you about the best ways to deal with scams. VCU Information Security Office recommends this training for all VCU employees and students. To register for the training, please follow the instructions below:
To register and access this training, please follow the steps below:
1. Log into Blackboard at http://blackboard.vcu.edu with your assigned eID.
2. Click on the "Courses" tab and in the "Course Search" box type in "VCU Phishing Awareness Training", click on "Go".
3. At the results page, click on the "double arrow" next to the courseID column and choose the "Enroll" option to enroll in the training course.
4. At the Self Enrollment confirmation screen, click on the "Submit button" to confirm enrollment.
5. You will receive a confirmation screen similar to the screen shown below. You can click on the OK button at the bottom of the page to directly access the training course. 5. Once registered in the course (by following steps 1-4), you can also access the course by clicking on the Courses tab again and click on the "TRAIN-SECURITY-PHISHING-002-2013Continuous:VCU Information Security Awareness Training" course under the "Courses in which you are enrolled section".
For any questions regarding the training material, please contact Information Security Office at email@example.com. For technical issues with Blackboard, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828 - 2227.
This article was updated: 12/5/2016