Building Access Control

Building Access Control is managed by Campus Card Services for the Virginia Commonwealth University. Providing Building Access to all door access and security needs include, but not limited to, installing and troubleshooting access control equipment, activating or deactivating patron access to buildings and updating lock or unlocking schedules.

Building Access Control is managed by Safety & Security for the VCU Health System.


Building Access Incident
Report individual/building-wide access or equipment failures.
Building Access Request
Request access to a building or door for an individual; this request must be submitted by a professor, building manager, or supervisor. Please allow two business days to complete the request.
Door Schedule Change
Requests to temporarily or permanently alter a building's normal door schedule. Please allow two business days to complete the request. VCU mandated schedule changes, such as inclement weather closings announced by the University, are automatic.
Job Estimate Request
Campus Card Services coordinates with an installation vendor and VCU Police to install Integrated Access Control System (IACS) devices for designated VCU facilities. An IACS installation may consist of electronic locking devices, door alarms, glass-break alarms, card readers, panic buttons, and motion detectors. To request a Job Estimate (new installation), building access servicing (existing hardware), or for any other access control related services, please submit an IT Support Center Ticket. Please note, Building Access Control requests are handled in the order it was received.
Parking Access Request
Your VCUCard will allow you access to parking facilities across the Monroe Park and MCV campuses. To request access, please contact VCU Parking & Transportation or visit their website for additional information.
Dorm Access Request
You will need to contact your Residential Assistant, Administrative or Security Office in your building for access. Dorm Access includes all Residential Halls on both the Monroe Park and MCV Campuses. Please contact Residential Life & Housing for dorm related issues.