Software Description: Amos is a Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) software provided by IBM SPSS, Inc. is used to test hypotheses on complex variable relationships and gain new insights from data.
Platform: Windows, Mac or Linux
Cost: No charge (Access via App2Go Server)
Licensing & Conditions Information
Restrictions: Only available for teaching and research (non-administrative) use.
There are three (3) concurrent licenses of Amos available for use by VCU on the App2Go server. Only three users may access the application at the same time.
The Amos software distributed under the VCU IBM SPSS contract is subject to all the following conditions:
Usage is limited to:
- Currently enrolled VCU students.
- Current VCU and VCUHS employees.
Usage is limited to VCU related teaching and non-commercial academic research. Non-commercial academic research means research by degree-seeking students and faculty members where:
- (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party;
- (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and
- (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of hosting, reproduction, and shipping. Any other use, including but not limited to university administration and operations, is strictly prohibited.
The following are prohibited:
- VCU administrative use
- VCUHS administrative use
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center use
A limited number of SPSS Amos licenses are available on the App2Go server if you wish not to purchase the application. Discount pricing is available through IBM for the Amos Student Grad Pack.
Amos on the App2Go Server
Only current VCU faculty, staff, and students may access Amos on the App2Go Server. Documentation on how to use the App2Go Server will provide you details, such as system requirements, installation, opening files, saving files, and printing.
How to Use Amos on the App2Go Server
Using a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, you can access Amos via a browser window. Although Amos runs on the App2Go Server, it appears to be running on your PC. You can open, save, and print files from your PC. Applications on the App2Go server are available to support research projects and are not intended for instructional use.
IBM does offer a Student Grad Pack for those wishing to purchase a personal copy or use the application in a classroom environment. Departmental purchases must be ordered through IBM.
- Student Purchases - Amos Student Grad Pack pricing
- Department Purchase - Contact email@example.com
Training resources are available to help you increase your knowledge on the use of Amos. Consultation and support are available if needed.
Manual & Videos
Consultation and Support
The Department of Statistical Sciences and Operations Research provides statistical and programming consultation for using this product for teaching and research purposes. To request a consultation appointment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with using Amos on the App2Go server, you may contact the IT Support Center.