Description: Maple is a mathematics tool used to analyze, explore, visualize and solve matehmatical problems. Whether you need to do quick calculations, develop design sheets, teach fundamental concepts, or produce sophisticated high-fidelity simulation, Maple is the essential technical computing software for today’s engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
Cost: No Charge
VCU Humanities and Sciences has acquired a University wide license for Maple. Maple, obtained under this VCU site license, may be used:
- for VCU related research and instruction
- by VCU employees and students on University owned/leased computers
- by VCU employees on personally owned computers
- by currently enrolled VCU students on their personally owned computers
Under this cross-platform license, an unlimited number of copies of Maple can be running at any time. Maple versions available under this license are:
- Maple for Windows 7 or later
- Maple for Mac X 10.11 or later
- Maple for Linux: Redhat, SUSE or Ubuntu
Download and Renew
Maple is available for download on any university owned or personally own computer. If you have installed Maple in the past, you will need to renew the license to maintain functionality.
Access to Download and License Renewal
Refer to the appropriate audience and select the desired operating system to download or renew the Maple software.
For Student Owned Workstations:
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Students - Win 64
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Students - Win 32
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Students - Mac
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Students - Linux 64
For Faculty/Staff Owned Workstations:
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Fac/Staff - Win 64
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Fac/Staff - Win 32
- Download/Renew Maple 2018 for Fac/Staff - Mac
- Request Maple 2018 for Fac/Staff - Linux 64 - Submit a Help Request
- Request Maple 2018 for Fac/Staff - Linux 32 -Submit a Help Request
For VCU Owned Workstations:
Training and Support
The vendor provides a number of training resources and guides to help you learn how to use Maple, as well as user support.
Training & Documentation
This software is provided to the VCU community 'as is' as a courtesy by the VCU College of Humanities & Sciences. The vendor supplies installation support and application support. For download support, contact the IT Support Center.
Sign up for Maple-L listserv
LISTSERV subscribers receive notifications of Mathematica upgrades and maintenance fixes, times to renew Maple licenses, Maple training opportunities, etc.
To subscribe to the VCU MAPLE-L click on:
Note: Participation in this list is limited to VCU email accounts.