SAS License Renewal
SAS 9.4 Windows 64-bit Renewal Instructions
Perform the steps below to renew an EXISTING installation of SAS 9.4 for 64-bit Windows, for Teaching and Research. If you have a different SAS version, please see SAS Renewal.
These instructions require that you obtain and apply the current SAS renewal "SID" file, which is available for download from the VCU Technology Services website, as noted in step 1 below. Applying this SID file will extend your SAS license through June 30, plus a 90-day grace period.
This SAS is for academic teaching and research purposes only. If you need SAS for administrative purposes, please see VCU SAS admin use.
To renew SAS:
If you have not already done so, visit Renew Windows SAS 9.4 and follow the directions presented to download the SAS renewal file named SAS94Win64WrkstnExp06302023tr.txt.
This file, known as a SAS Information Data file or "SID" file, will renew your Windows SAS 9.4 software through June 30, plus a 90-day grace period.
- Close SAS, if it is running.
- Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your screen and expand the SAS folder.
- RIGHT-click on Renew SAS Software 9.4 and select More > Run As Administrator.
- If a User Account Control dialog box appears, click Yes or Allow.
- In the Choose Language window that displays, select your desired language.
- The SAS Deployment Manager will launch. In the Select License Renewal screen, select Apply SAS Foundation License file for renewal, if not already selected. Click Next.
In the Specify SAS Installation Data File screen, click the Browse button. Then locate and select the SID file that you downloaded, which is named:
Then click Open. Then click Next.
- In the Summary screen, click Start. A progress screen will appear.
- In the Deployment Complete screen, click Next.
- In the Additional Resources screen, click Finish.
(optional) If you wish to verify that your SAS license has been renewed, launch SAS and run the following program (note the two semi-colons):
The "Expiration" date reported in the SAS Log window should be "30JUN2023".
SAS Institute requires an annual renewal of the SAS license. If you are still at VCU, you will be notified by email when future license renewal files become available.
This software is licensed through a VCU contract, and software, its activationodes/files, or its license renewal codes/files may not be distributed to any other person or entity. When you leave VCU, you must immediately uninstall ALL copies of this software from any non-VCU owned computers.
Federal regulations regarding the transfer any VCU licensed software outside the USA requires you to contact VCU Technology Services to obtain current regulations. Violation of this license may result in civil or criminal legal actions, as well as University disciplinary actions.
Please read the Computer and Network Resources Use policy at:
For assistance with this software product or if you have any questions regarding this message, please contact the IT Support Center:
VCU Technology Services