Mac SPSS 26
Installation Instructions: To successfully install SPSS, you must have access to an administrative account for your computer.
- With the SPSS installer file downloaded, locate and open it (double-click) in Finder.
- Follow the installation steps as prompted until you reach the Software License Agreement. You must accept the terms of the license to install and use SPSS. To use SPSS as licensed through VCU, you must also abide by VCU’s SPSS License Conditions. If you agree, select “I accept…”
- Continue to the Essentials for Python screen:
- If you will NOT be using Python with SPSS, then select “No” and continue with step 4 below.
- If you WILL be using Python with SPSS, then select “Yes” for installing the Essentials for Python with SPSS, then click Next. On the two subsequent screens, you must also read and agree to the license agreements displayed, if you accept the terms.
- Continue to Choose Install Folder. Select the location on your computer where you would like the SPSS Statistics program to be installed. **
- Continue through Pre-Installation Summary and click Install. A progress bar will display during installation.
- When the installation completes, this “Install Complete” screen will appear. Select the checkbox for “Start SPSS Statistics 26 License Authorization Wizard now”, if it is not already selected. Then click Done.
- The SPSS License Authorization Wizard will launch for licensing SPSS. Please review Mac SPSS 26 License Authorization Wizard for required license instructions.
- After installation and licensing have been completed, and again every few weeks/months, you are strongly urged to visit SPSS Updates to see if any Fix Packs are available to be installed for Mac SPSS 26. Fix Packs correct bugs and other SPSS software issues and are released by IBM tech support as such issues become known.
- ** Note:
- For Mac users, many software programs may be located in the Applications folder. Also, multiple versions of SPSS may be installed on a computer if they are installed in separate folders.
This article was updated: 03/22/2021