App2Go Citrix® Server
- Why Use the App2Go System?
- How to Use the App2Go System
- Troubleshooting Citrix Receiver
- Available Applications
- Server Specifications
- Virtual Desktop
- Additional App2Go Information & Support
The App2Go system consists of high cost statistical and mathematical applications that are installed and managed on a Citrix XenApp server. When you run an application from App2Go, the application appears to be running on your local computer. You can open and save files on your computer and print on your local printer.
You will need to login to the App2Go server with your VCU eID and password to access the applications on App2Go. VCU faculty, staff, and students can access most of the applications from any location via clients on the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Your computer must have a fast Internet connection (e.g., on-campus network, cable modem, or DSL). The App2Go system is licensed to support a maximum of 250 concurrent users, limiting access to 250 people at one time.
Note: The App2Go system is NOT intended for use with sensitive data. Sensitive data should be de-identified before using it on this server.
Using applications on the App2Go system has several advantages:
- It saves you money. You don't need to purchase a license because it is licensed on the server.
- It saves you time. You don't need to spend time installing, patching and upgrading the applications. Just log in to the App2Go system and use them.
- It provides access to some statistical and mathematical software packages that are not included in campus-wide licenses, such as AMOS and Stata.
- You can use the applications on Windows, Mac, or Linux clients.
- It enables Mac and Linux users to run applications that may not be available on the Mac or Linux platforms.
|5||Mathematica||-||IBM SPSS Base * [plus add-on modules]|
|-||MATLAB Simulink||-||IBM SPSS Advanced *|
|2||Mplus Base [plus add-on modules]||-||IBM SPSS Bootstrapping *|
|- Mplus Mixture||-||IBM SPSS Categories *|
|- Mplus Multilevel||-||IBM SPSS Complex Samples *|
|5||MaxQDAplus||-||IBM SPSS Conjoint *|
|5||nQuery Advanced *||-||IBM SPSS Custom Tables *|
|6||NVivo||-||IBM SPSS Data Preparation *|
|3||OriginPro||-||IBM SPSS Decision Tree *|
|5||SAS-Base SAS * [plus add-on modules]||-||IBM SPSS Direct Marketing *|
|5||SAS/Access to PC File Formats *||-||IBM SPSS Exact Tests *|
|5||SAS Enterprise Guide||-||IBM SPSS Forecasting *|
|5||SAS/Connect *||-||IBM SPSS Missing Value Analysis *|
|5||SAS/EIS *||-||IBM SPSS Neural Networks *|
|5||SAS/ETS *||-||IBM SPSS Regression Models *|
* These applications may be available for installation on your own Windows workstation. Some are fee-based, and others are free. Most are available for download.
The software available on the App2Go system may only be used by current VCU faculty, staff and students for VCU work only. The App2Go system is licensed to support 250 concurrent users, limiting the use to 250 people on the App2Go system at one time. Due to this limitation, the App2Go system is NOT intended for instructional use.
The App2Go system is a server farm consisting of 4 servers, each with quad-core 3.00 GHz processors and 16GB ram.
A centrally managed Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) with distributed authority to schools and departments for creation, management, and deployment of virtual desktop will be implemented using Citrix XenDesktop. The pilot is limited in size and scope - depending on the total requests there may be a limitation to the number of desktops allocated to each school/department. Please discuss with your department's IT support to complete the following form to request VDI seat access: