Connecting from a Mac
Macintosh OS X comes with a Terminal utility application that allows secure telnet connections. This is the application found in Applications/Utilities.
To use the Terminal application for a secure telnet connection:
- For off campus connections:
- Launch the VCU WebVPN and establish a VPN connection
- Open the Terminal application.
- Go to the File menu and select New Command
- In the New Command window type ssh and your user_id@computer name.
Here are some examples:
- Select the Run button.
- If this is your first connection to this computer, you will be asked if you want to register your login on this system.
- When asked if you want to continue connecting, type the word yes and press the return key.
- Note you will see the ip address of your computer followed by the Unix prompt.
- You will then be asked for the account password on the computer to which you are connecting.
This article was updated: 07/2/2013