What's New? - Blackboard Upgrade May 14, 2019
The Blackboard System will be upgraded to version 9.1 Q4 2018 Release on May 14-15, 2019.
Begin Time: Tuesday, May 14th, 2019, 8:00pm (EST)
End Time: Wednesday, May 15th, 2019, 12:00pm (EST)
- Expanded ability to reconcile grades in Delegated Grading
Delegated grading lets an instructor share grading responsibilities by assigning course members to grade sets of submissions. Grading and feedback from more than one grader can promote reliability, improve consistency, and remove bias. The instructor can reconcile grades and settle on final scores after the graders have completed their assigned submissions.
The ability to reconcile grades was previously limited to instructors and users who were granted the permission by an administrator. In this release, instructors can grant this permission to graders. The Can reconcile gradesoption appears when the instructor delegates grading. Instructors can choose to grant the permission to any or all graders who are delegated submissions.
- Instructors can grade assignments using the Blackboard Instructor app.
- Full user interface translation is available in a new Norwegian (nn_NO) language pack.
- Skip links, which make it easier for users of assistive technologies to navigate the structure of pages, now work more consistently across tool areas in the system.
- Download annotated PDFs
Users were accustomed to downloading annotated files when Crocodoc handled inline file rendering. With the switch to New Box View, this capability wasn’t available and highly requested. Blackboard listened and developed the ability to download annotated files using the New Box View.
In this release, both instructors and students can download certain file types (DOC, DOCX, PDF) with annotations as an annotated PDF. Students can download the annotated file after their submission has been graded.
Learn more about downloading annotated PDFs in New Box View
- Cloud Storage Integration
Instructors and students can access an aggregated cloud service that lets users connect to their preferred cloud storage accounts and place content directly into their course. Instructors and students can instantly connect to multiple web apps where they store files.
Your files are stored on secure, online servers where they're protected from accidents and viruses. If something happens to your computer or phone, you don't have to worry about file loss. You can access your files in the cloud any time you're connected to the internet, on any of your devices.
More information on Cloud Storage Integration
- Attendance - For each class meeting, you can mark whether a student is present, late, absent, or excused. The attendance records for each student appear in a single column next to other grades. On the Attendance page, profile pictures appear so you can easily identify students.
To access attendance go to the control panel >> course tools >> attendance
More information on Attendance