Allow a Student/Participant to Resubmit an Assignment/SafeAssignment
When originally creating an assignment/safeassignment, the instructor/leader might want students/participants to have the opportunity to have more than one attempt. If you did not select the option when creating the assignment/safeassignment, you can edit and select the option.
1. Turn Edit Mode ON.
2. Go to the content area (i.e Course Documents, Course Information, etc.) where the assignment is located.
3. Click the chevron button beside the assignment and select Edit.
Step 5 - Under Submission Details, select an option beside Number of Attempts (Allow single attempt (default), Allow unlimited attempts, or Number of attempt and add a number to the box).
To Allow Another Attempt After the Student has Already Submitted the Assignment:
1. Go to the Control Panel >> Grade Center >> Full Grade Center.
2. Hover the grade or exclamation point and click the chevron button that appears.
3. Click View Grade Details.
4. At this point you have two choices.
- You can click the Clear Attempt button, which will get rid of this attempt and let the student start over.
- Click the Allow Additional Attempt button, which will keep the original attempt and allow and additional attempt.
This article was updated: 05/17/2017