Create a Self and Peer Assessment
Specify Assessment Date Ranges
Three date ranges are necessary to the successful creation and deployment of an assessment:
- Display After/Until: The date range when the assessment is available to students.
- Submission Start/End: The date range when students can submit answers to an assessment.
- Evaluation Start/End: The date range when students can submit evaluations of their peers' work on the assessment as well as their own, if self evaluations are enabled.
How to Create a New Self and Peer Assessment
- In a content area, hover the Assessments menu button and click Self and Peer Assessment.
- On the Create Self and Peer Assessment page, type a name and instructions.
- Optionally, use the Insert File function in the content editor to add files.
- Set the Submission Start Date and End Date.
- Set the Evaluation Start Date and End Date.
- To Allow Anonymous Evaluations, click Yes.
- To Allow Self Evaluations, click Yes.
- Click Yes for Show Evaluation Results to Submitter to allow submitters to view their own evaluation results.
- For Number of Submissions to Evaluate, define how many assessments each student is expected to evaluate.
** Students are given another student to evaluation randomly; there is no way to specify who the users is to evaluate. The number does not include the creator of the assessment. If self evaluations are the only kind you want, type (0).
- Make the assessment available and optionally, track number of views.
- Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect availability, only when it appears.
- Click Submit.
This article was updated: 06/12/2017