- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Blackboard (eLearning)
- Course/Organization Management
- Add Course/Organization Content
- Content Area Buttons
- Additional Testing Options
- Resolve Issues with Tests
Resolve Issues with Tests
[Printer Icon] Print this article
If a student/participant was unable to submit a test, but had completed the work, you can submit the attempt so that you can grade the attempt.
1. In the Grade Center, locate the cell containing the attempt, which displays the in progress icon.
2. Access the cell's chevron menu and click View Grade Details.
3. On the Grade Details page, click View Attempt.
4. Be sure the answers were saved.
** If multiple questions are marked with No Answer, you can Clear Attempt. The student will have to take the test again.
5. Click Test Information
to expand the section.
6. If you are satisfied with the student's test attempt, click Submit Attempt.
If you are not satisfied and would like to see their testing details, click the Access Log button and it will give you step by step what the student did in the test and roughly how long they took on each question.
7. Click OK
to confirm the attempt submission.
If a student/participant experiences a technical problem while taking a test or needs an additional attempt, you can help by submitting or clearing the test attempt. When you clear an attempt, the grade is cleared from the Grade Center and the student can retake the test.
1. On the Grade Details
page, click Clear Attempt
2. Click OK to confirm and remove the attempt.
3. On the Grade History tab, the action is recorded with "Attempt Grade Cleared." In the Grade Center, no grade or icon appears in the student's test cell.