Create a Test
1. Turn Edit Mode to ON.
2. Go to the content area (i.e. Course Information, Course Documents, etc.) where the item is to be uploaded.
3. Hover over the Assessments button.
4. Click Test.
5. Click Create to build a new test.
6. On the Test Information page, type a name. Optionally, provide a description and instructions.
** To edit this information, click the drop down arrow box beside Test Canvas: Test Name and select Edit.
7. Click Submit.
8. On the Test Canvas, hover the Create Question button on the action bar and select a question type.
** The instructions for each question type will be displayed at the top of the screen as you are creating the question. Click the More Help link if more information about the question type is needed.
9. Enter the Question Title (optional), Question Text, and Answers. There are other options, such as Partial Credit, Answer Orientation, etc. These options vary with each question type - select desired options.
10. Click Submit and Create Another or just Submit.
11. Points value is defaulted to 10. However, at this point the points value can be changed.
12. Repeat Steps 8-11 until each question is entered.
13. Once you have entered all of the questions, click OK at the bottom of the screen.
Create a Test from the Control Panel
1. Go to the Control Panel and Course/Organization Tools, click on Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
2. Click Tests.
3. Click Build Test.
4. Follow Steps 6 - 11 above.
** There are a few tools that can be used to create a test outside of blackboard and then import it to Blackboard. For more information on these tools, go to Respondus, SoftChalk or StudyMate.
This article was updated: 04/27/2017