Remark Grade Import
This tool is used for importing grades for exams/tests/quizzes that were processed through the gradeIT Service at the IT Support Center. If you are still using legacy Scantron tests you will still need to import the grades using the Upload feature in Grade Center.
How to upload grades using Remark Grade Import
- Open the course into which the grades are being imported.
- Go to Control Panel >> Course Tools >> Remark Grade Import
- Select whether you want to import the grades into an existing assessment or create a new assessment into which to import the grades.
- If you are importing into an existing assessment, select the assessment into which you want to import.
- If you are creating a new assessment, enter a name for it.
- Select whether you want to Import using Student ID or Import using Student Name.
- If you are uploading a file received from gradeIT, always choose Import using Student ID.
- Click Browse to find the .rbbx file.
- Click Submit.
- A list of Student IDs/Names that were duplicated or did not match any student in the course roster may be shown. If this is the case, use the drop-down list next to each ID/Name to choose a student to match them with or to ignore the grade.
- Confirm the grades that were matched.
- Click Submit.
Missing "Browse" button
If you don't see a Browse button under Select File, page instructions may have been turned off in your personal settings. To turn on page instructions, thereby restoring the Browse button:
- Close the "Remark Grade Import Building Block" screen.
- Click on the Global Navigation Menu at the top right of your screen. The menu appears as a down-arrow next to your name and profile picture.
- Under the "Settings" section of this menu, click on "Personal Information".
- Click on "Change Personal Settings".
- Select "Yes" under "Select Page Instructions" option.
- Click "Submit".
- Open up your course, open the Remark Grade Import tool under Course Tools in the Control Panel and the Browse button should now appear.
Grade Center Display
By default, the column in your Grade Center will display your grades as scores. If you would prefer to change this display to percentages:
- Click the action link next to the column name and click Edit Column Information.
- Change the Primary Display from Score to Percentage using the drop-down list.
- Do not change the Points Possible, as this will skew the student grade data.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
Upload is Over-writing Grades
This is most likely caused while importing by creating a new assessment that shares the same name as an existing assessment. You may run into this issue while importing multiple RBBX files from gradeIT. When uploading the second file, always choose I would like to import grades into an existing assessment. This should resolve the issue.
This article was updated: 02/27/2018