Go to the Control Panel >> Customization >> Properties.
Name and Description
Instructors/Leaders can change the Course/Organization Name and Description of the Course/Organization. The Course/Organization Name appears throughout Blackboard Learn. The Description appears in the Course/Organization Catalog. Instructors/Leaders cannot change the Course/Organization ID without creating an entirely brand new course/organization.
These fields can be safely ignored. Course/Organization Classification is not part of or related to Course/Organization Categorization for the Course/Organization Catalog. A default Classification value is listed when each Course/Organization is created. These fields were used in previous versions but exist now only to ensure backward compatibility with Building Blocks or other plugins.
Instructors/Leaders can set Courses/Organizations to be available or unavailable. If the Course/Organization is available, all users participating in the Course/Organization will have access. If the Course/Organization is unavailable, access is determined by Course/Organization role. Instructors/Leaders, Course/Organization Builders, Teaching Assistants/Assistants, and Graders can see and access unavailable Courses/Organizations from My Courses/Organizations and the Course/Organization List, but they are marked as unavailable. Students/Participants may not access unavailable Courses/Organizations regardless of the Course/Organization Duration. Unavailable Courses/Organizations do not appear in the Course/Organization Catalog.
Set Course/Organization Duration
Course/Organization Duration defines the time in which Students/Participants may interact with the Course/Organization:
- Continuous: The Course/Organization is always available.
- Select Dates: The Course/Organization is available according to specific dates. Courses/Organizations may have a start date, but no end date. After the end date, Courses/Organizations are not available to students/participants, but are otherwise unchanged.
- Days from the Date of Enrollment: Use this option to place a time limit on Courses/Organizations calculated from the date a student/participant enrolls. This is the best option for self-paced Courses/Organizations.
The Course/Organization Catalog lists the Courses/Organizations that are offered through the system. It is made available to users by the System Administrator. The Categories in the Course/Organization Catalog are created and maintained by the System Administrator. Instructors/Leaders can add their Course/Organization to one or more Categories. Courses/Organizations added to a Category are listed in the Course/Organization Catalog under that Category.
To add a category, select a catalog category and use the arrow buttons to move the category to the Selected Items box. More than one category may be selected. Repeat the process to add another category. The Course/Organization appears under the selected categories. Invert Selection will highlight any Categories that are not highlighted and unselect any Categories that are highlighted. This is a useful way to exclude one or two Categories without having to click on all the other Categories.
Select Language Pack
Language Packs change the language of buttons, titles, and other text supplied by the system. Language Pack preferences are defined at the system, Course/Organization, and user level.
At the system level, the Administrator defines one Language Pack as the system default. This is the Language Pack that appears when no other Language Pack is specified at the Course/Organization level or at the User level.
At the Course/Organization level, Instructors/Leaders can set a Language Pack that is different from the default to make all users in the Course/Organization view the same Language Pack. If the Language Pack is not enforced, users can set a preferred Language Pack that is different from the Course/Organization Language Pack by changing the setting in Tools > Personal Information > Set Language Pack. Enforcing the Language Pack will override individual users' language choices.
Note: Customized names for Content Areas and Tools are not changed with the Language Pack. These values stay the same through all Language Packs. The default names in the system are translated and appear differently in each Language Pack.
The Course/Organization Files properties are available only if your institution licenses content management.
- Course/Organization Files Default Directory: Type or browse for the directory to contain the Course/Organization Files for this Course/Organization. This is the default location where files are saved for the Course/Organization and does not conflict with the Content System Home Page setting.
- Display: Each item in the Content Collection has a contextual menu that provides access to the available actions. When working in the Course/Organization Files area on the Control Panel, the selected option configures the menu to display all of the Content Collection options that are available when working on the Content Collection tab or only the Course/Organization-specific options.