1. Control Panel >> Grade Center >> Full Grade Center
2. Click Create Column.
3. Type a Column Name.
4. Select the Primary Display of the grade.
Primary and Secondary Displays
Grades can have a Primary Display and a Secondary Display. The Primary Display is shown to students. The Secondary Display is viewed only in the Grade Center.
Grades can be displayed in these formats:
- Score: Shows a numeric score, such as "78." This format is commonly used as a Secondary Display. It is not often revealed to students unless they understand the total score possible and can compare their scores to the total.
- Text: Shows text, such as Pass or Fail, or a range of text messages such as "Excellent," "Very Good," "Good," "Fair," and "Poor."
- Percentage: Shows a percentage such as "90%".
- Letter: Shows a letter grade, such as "A," "A-," "B+," and so on.
- Complete/Incomplete: Shows a check mark for complete. Note: if something is incomplete nothing will be entered for that student. There is no icon to represent an incomplete item.
5. Select a category for this particular column. Note: This is optional but a column must be assigned a category when using the category selections in a weighted column calculations.
6. Enter the Possible Points.
7. Select Rubric options - optional.
8. Select a Due Date - optional.
9. Indicate if you want to "Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations".
10. Select if you want to show this column to students/participants in their My Grades area.
11. Click Submit.
This article was updated: 05/8/2017