- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Blackboard (eLearning)
- Course/Organization Management
- Control Panel
- Grade Center
- View Grade History
View Grade History
The Grade History page acts like a log file that records all of the changes that occur to grades within a course/organization, and displays all the data for grade submissions for the course/organization within a set date range. You can manipulate the view and export the information.
Access the Grade History page from the Reports drop-down list on the action bar. The following columns appear:
||The date you graded the item or changed the grade.
|Last Edited By
||The name of the last user to edit the grade. When clicked, you can view the username and role of the person who edited the grade. If the score appears from an automatically graded test, the name is listed as Automatic.
||The value of the grade as viewed in the Grade Center as well as the type of value and entry type, such as attempt grade and override grade. If you associated a rubric with the item, you can view it by clicking View Rubric.
||Any associated Feedback for User or Grading Notes.
The default view includes the two most recent actions on this grade. To view more, click View Complete History.
Grade History is a tool that tracks all changes to grades within the Grade Center. When Grade History is available, it displays a table of data detailing every grade change in the Grade Center to date. The Grade History table can be sorted to show items by column name, score, or date by clicking the column header name. The Grade History table can be filtered to display entries within a date range using Show Entries from Past, located at the top of the table.
1. Control Panel >> Grade Center >> Full Grade Center >> Reports >> View Grade History
2. In the Show Entries from Past drop-down list, select from the following data parameters:
- 1 Day
- 7 Days
- 14 Days
- 30 Days
- 6 Months
3. Click Go.
4. Click OK to return to the main Grade Center page.
To sort items, click a column heading. The column will display in descending alphabetic, score, or date order, depending upon which column you choose.
Download Grade History File
The grade history is exported as a delimited file and downloaded to your computer.
1. On the Grade History page, click Download.
2. Select the Delimiter Type for the file, either comma or tab.
- Comma-delimited files (.CSV) have data items separated by commas.
- Tab-delimited files (.XLS) have data items separated by tabs.
Both are common types of data files and can be opened in most editing software. XLS tab-delimited files can be opened directly in Microsoft Excel.
3. Click Yes to Include Comments or No to exclude them from the download.
4. Click Submit.
5. Click Download to save the file to your computer.
6. Click OK to return to the main Grade Center page.
This article was updated: 05/8/2017