- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Blackboard (eLearning)
- Course/Organization Management
- Control Panel
- Packages and Utilities
- Check Course/Organization Links
Check Course/Organization Links
After you create content and link to files stored in Course/Organization Files, you can verify that links are still valid with the link checker tool. For example, if you delete a linked file from Course/Organization Files and run the tool, you are informed of a broken link.
You can run this tool on a regular basis to check the validity of your links in your course/organization content. After you copy, restore, or import a course/organization, you can run the tool to be sure everything is linked as you expect. Users with access to items in Course/Organization Files can move and delete items, or edit the permissions on an item. These actions may impact the validity of linked items in your course/organization.
IMPORTANT! When you link to a file in Course/Organization Files, all course/organization users are given read permission to the file. When you check links, the only permission that is verified is read permission for all course/organization users.
Course/Organization Areas Checked
The link checker tool detects broken links for the following areas:
- Content areas
- Learning modules
- Lesson plans
- Announcements, calendar events, and tasks
- Discussion board, journals, and blogs
Note: Links to Course/Organization Files items in tests—including surveys and question pools—are not checked by the tool.
1. Go to the Control Panel >> Packages and Utilities >> Check Course/Organization Links.
2. On the Broken Links page, click OK to start the tool. This operation may take a few minutes to run. The length of the process depends on the number of links within your course/organization.
3. After the tool is run, the page displays links that are pointing to deleted files or those with broken paths.
For more information, access an item's contextual menu and click Details.
This article was updated: 05/9/2017