Import Course/Organization Cartridge
They offer complete sets of teaching tools provided by academic publishers. In one central location, you can find relevant, publisher-created materials. After the materials are downloaded to a course/organization, you are free to customize the content by adding and deleting materials to correlate with specific topics covered in the classroom.
Course/Organization cartridges can serve as supplements to existing online course/organization. They can provide an excellent start for faculty/leaders who are just beginning to develop online teaching strategies. You can benefit greatly from the ease of use, variety, and professional quality of the materials available on course/organization cartridges.
To use course/organization cartridges in a course/organization, download them from the site listed in the following download instructions and install using a download key obtained from the publisher.
** You cannot add course/organization cartridge content without a download key.
No restrictions exist for open access cartridge content during import, export, archive, restore, or copy operations. This content is treated like any other content in your course/organization.
Copy-protected cartridge content has the following limitations when being archived, restored, exported, imported, or copied:
- Archive: When a course/organization is archived, all cartridge content in the course/organization is saved with the archive.
- Restore: When an archived course/organization is restored, the cartridge content is included in the restored course/organization.
- Export: When a course/organization is exported, cartridge content is not included.
- Import: The only time cartridge content is included during a course/organization import is if the package was created as an archive. Cartridge content is not included in exported packages.
- Copy: Cartridge content is always included in a Course/Organization Copy with Users (exact copy) operation. You have the option to include cartridge content as part of Copy Course/Organization Materials into a New Course/Organization or Copy Course/Organization Materials into an Existing Course/Organization.
1. Obtain the instructor/leader download key from the textbook publisher. You cannot import course/organization cartridge content without a download key.
2. Go to the Control Panel >> Packaged and Utilities >> Import Course/Organization Cartridge.
3. If you do not already have a download key, you can browse for textbooks that include Course/Organization Cartridges by clicking the Course Cartridge Catalog link to locate a Course/Organization Cartridge and obtain the download key or contact the publishing company directly.
Note: A Cartridge ID is not a Download Key. However the publisher may need this number to locate the cartridge.
4. Enter the download key in the box provided.
5. Click Submit.
Please allow some time (about 45 minutes) for the entire cartridge to download fully. Once downloaded, the Cartridge Content can be customized as needed to correlate with agendas and goals.
Note: If you are having any trouble with downloading a course cartridge, you must contact the publisher back. They may need to issue you another download key.
Download a Course/Organization Cartridge
1. Choose a textbook with a companion course/organization cartridge by browsing the course cartridge list. On the "Browse The Extensions" page, click Course Cartridge in the Filter By drop-down list.
2. Obtain the instructor/leader download key from the textbook publisher. You cannot import course/organization cartridge content without a download key.
3. Begin the course/organization creation process.
4. During the course/organization creation process, provide the instructor/leader download key obtained in Step 2.
5. Click Submit to create the course/organization.
6. An email arrives when the course/organization cartridge has finished loading into your new course/organization.
How Student Access the Course/Organization Cartridges
1. Enroll students/participants in your course/organization.
2. Instruct students/participants to purchase a required textbook, or other publisher provided materials that contain the access key.
3. When first accessing the course/organization content, students/participants are required to provide an access key. Once validated, students/participants no longer need the access key.
Troubleshooting Course/Organization Cartridges
If you are unable to help a student/participant with a course/organization cartridge question, ask the student/participant to contact the cartridge publisher directly.
This article was updated: 12/6/2017