- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Blackboard (eLearning)
- Course/Organization Management
- Control Panel
- Users and Groups
[Printer Icon] Print this article
View a list of users enrolled in the course/organization or find new users to enroll manually.
There are several different user role options that can be used in Blackboard.
- Instructor/Leader have access to all areas in the Control Panel. This role is generally given to those developing, teaching or facilitating the class. Instructors/Leaders may still access a courses/organizations that are unavailable to students/participants.
- Student/Participant is the default Course/Organization Role. Students/Participants have no access to any areas on the Control Panel.
- Teaching Assistant/Assistant have access to most features. If the course/organization is unavailable to students/participants, teaching assistants/assistants may still access the course/organization. Teaching Assistants/Assistants are not listed in the course/organization catalog listing for the course/organization.
- Guests have no access to the Control Panel. Individual areas within the course/organization can be made available to guests.
- Graders assists the instructors/leaders in the creation, management, delivery, and grading of assessments. A grader also assists the instructor/leader with managing the Grade Center. A grader cannot access a course/organization if it is unavailable to students/participants.
- Course/Organization Builder role has access to most areas of the Control Panel. This role is appropriate for a user to manage the course/organization without having access to student/participant grades. A course/organization builder can still access the course/organization if the course/organization is unavailable to students/participants.
For more detailed information on each role, click here