Assessment Issues Procedure and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Procedures
All requests for investigation of assessments (tests, quizzes, assignments, etc) must come from the instructor.
Students are expected to adhere to the University’s honor code at all times. If a student experiences an issue with an assessment in a Blackboard course, they must report it to their instructor as soon as possible. This includes application functionality, access, or grading issues.
Instructors are responsible for their course content, grade center and settings. VCU’s Honor Code should be a contributing factor for instructors when their students report issues to them. Instructors should use their best judgement to determine if the student’s claim is valid, and what actions to take.
- Check the Grade Center in the Blackboard course to see if there is an attempt for the user.
- Review the attempt and grade history
- If there is an attempt, view the Access Log
- Clear the attempt, ignore the attempt or allow multiple attempts
- Deduct points for late assessments
- Disable “force completion” and allow the student to continue where they left off (Go to Edit Test Options located in the menu beside the test and disable Force Completion)
- If a student gets locked out when submitting the assessment, the instructor can submit the attempt for them