Export and Import Canvas Course Content
1. From the course you would like to export content from, open Settings.
2. On the right hand side, select Export Course Content.
3. In the Export Type heading, click the Course radio button.
4. Click Create Export.
5. View the progress bar. You will recieve an email when the export is complete.
Note: If you have previously exported the course, Canvas will display prior exports under the Content Exports heading.
6. When your download is ready, click the New Export link.
Note: Content exports expire after 30 days and can no longer be downloaded.
Note: Importing may require users to rearrange content throughout the course. Importing will not overwrite any content but instead will make duplicates of content that may already be present.
1. From the course you would like to import content into, open Settings.
2. On the right hand side, select Import Course Content.
3. From the Content Type dropdown, select Canvas Course Export Package.
4. Find the Source file that was downloaded from the export.
5. Select the import All Content or Select Specific Content.
6. Click Import.
If you opted to Select Specific Content, in the Current Jobs section, click the Select Content button.
Content can be individual items  or a content group . Content groups show the number of items within the group. To view content within a group, click the group's expand icon .
To import all content for a content type, click the checkbox next to the content name . If the content type is a group, Canvas automatically selects all items within the group.
To import only a few items from a content group, expand the group and select the specific items to be imported . Canvas places a dash in the content group checkbox , indicating not all items are selected within the group.
If you imported a Thin Common Cartridge file (Common Cartridge import), this file type is imported directly as module content. The structure can be expanded to view a nested layout that simulates the content structure. Learn how to select content with Thin Common Cartridge files.
Click Select Content.
The report displays a menu bar with the time remaining to complete the import. View the content from any completed imports by accessing any link in Course Navigation.
The import may also display errors as part of the import status. Learn more about course import statuses.