Copy an Assignment to Another Course
As an instructor, you can copy individual assignments in one course directly into another course in which you are enrolled. You can also send assignments to other instructors at your institution. When you copy an assignment, any assets within that assignment (images, files, etc.) will be included in your assignment copy.
- To share course content, you must have the Course Content - add / edit / delete permission enabled.
- Shared content does not count against course or user quotas.
- If you copy the same assignment to the same course more than once, the assignment you previously copied will be overwritten with the newly copied assignment.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
2. Locate the assignment you wish to copy, then click the assignment Options icon . Select the Copy To... option .
3. Enter the name of a course or course code in the Select a Course field . Then select the course into which you want to copy the assignment .
4. If you wish, you can copy the assignment into a specific module and location within a course.
Click or type a module name in the Select a Module field . Then select the module for the copied assignment.
To select a location within the module, click the Place drop-down menu . You can select to copy the assignment to the top of the module, before or after a specific module item, or at the bottom of a module.
5. Click the Copy button.
6. Canvas displays a notification when an assignment copies successfully .
When finished, click the Close icon  or the Close button .
Copied assignments display on the Assignments Index Page in the Imported Assignments group for the course into which it copied.