Create an Assignment
1. In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
2. If you want to create an assignment shell/placeholder with a title and a date, you can create an assignment shell in an assignment group.
Assignment groups  house the different types of assignments you may want to keep in your course, such as assignments, discussions, quizzes, surveys, etc. If you create assignment groups in your course, students can filter their assignments page by assignment type to view the same groups. Learn how to add an assignment group.
To create an assignment shell, locate an assignment group and click the Add Assignment button . Assignment shells only include fields for the assignment type, name, due date (optional), and points. You can add assignment details at any time by editing the assignment.
If you want to create an assignment with all assignment details at the same time, click the Add Assignment button.
Assignment details include fields for the assignment type, name, description, points, assignment group (if desired), grade display, and submission type, and due dates. You can also specify if the assignment is a group assignment or requires peer reviews in the assignment details lesson.
When you add details to an assignment, you can also assign the assignment to all students, course sections, course groups, or individual students as part of the Canvas differentiated assignments feature.
3. Add details to the assignment such as the description, point value, select an assignment group (category) and how you want the grade to "Display as."
5. Select if you want this to be a group assignment (not be confused with an assignment group, which is a gradebook category) meaning you want students to work together in a group to complete this assignment.
6. Select if you want there to be Peer Reviews.
7. For "Assign To" this is where you can choose to assign this assignment to everyone in the course or if you have cross-listed sections or an individual with special needs you can click the Add button and select different parameters for select groups or people. You can add as a many parameters as you need.
8. To save the assignment and publish it, click the Save & Publish button. To save the assignment as a draft, click the Save button.