Enable Anonymous Instructor Annotations in Assignments
When creating an assignment, you can enable anonymous instructor annotations in DocViewer supported submissions. When students view a submission with anonymous instructor annotations in DocViewer, comments do not display an instructor's name.
This option only affects comments added in DocViewer in the SpeedGrader submission window. Comments added in the Speedgrader sidebar are not anonymous.
- Anonymous instructor annotations is currently a course opt-in feature. To enable this feature, learn how to manage feature options in the course features lesson.
- Anonymous Instructor Annotations is not associated with the Anonymous Grading feature and displays as an option in all assignments.
- If you select this checkbox after student submissions are received, any annotations already made in DocViewer will not be anonymous. Ensure this checkbox is selected before allowing students to submit assignments.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
2. Click the Add Assignment button.
3. Enter a name and description for your assignment, as well as any other assignment details.
4. Select the Anonymous Instructor Annotations checkbox.
5. If you want to notify users about any future assignment changes, click the Notify users that this content has changed checkbox.
6. Click the Save button.
Note: If your assignment has not yet been published, the assignment will show the Save & Publish button. The Save button will create a draft of your assignment so you can publish it later.