Add a Grading Scheme to an Assignment
You can add a grading scheme to customize assignment grading. You can use grading schemes created by your institution or you can create a new grading scheme, such as a Pass/Fail grading scheme, GPA scale grading scheme, etc.
- When an assignment is part of selected content in a course export, the grading scheme for the assignment will also be imported.
- Using an account-level grading scheme built by your institution links the scheme into your course—it does not import as a new scheme on the course level.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
2. Click the title of the assignment you want to edit.
3. Click the Edit button.
4. Click the Display Grade as drop-down menu and select how you would like to display the assignment grade. Grading schemes are also supported options.
5. Click Save.
6. On the far left-hand side, click the Course Settings link.
7. Check the Enable Course Grading Scheme box and click the view grading scheme link
8. Canvas will show you the current grading scheme enabled for the assignment . If you want to select another grading scheme, click the Select Another Scheme link .
9. To view a grading standard, click the title of the grading scheme.
10. At the bottom of the grading scheme, click the Use This Grading Standard button.
11. View your selected grading scheme. Click the Done button.
Note: If you do not have Grading Scheme Title to choose from or the shceme is not what you want, click the Manage Gradng Scheme link to create a new one.
12.Click the Save button.
In SpeedGrader, enter the point value for the assignment . The point value will change to the name indicated in the grading scheme percentile range . In this example, the point value (23 out of 25) is 92% and is expressed as an A-.