Include Course in Public Course Index
The public course index is a collection of all courses that can be viewed publicly within your institution. In relation to the index, the word public references the index, not the courses; courses in the index may be public or private courses. Learn how to view the Public Course Index.
If you want to include your course as part of the public course index, you can select the course index visibility option in course settings. You can also create a description for your course as part of the catalog listing.
To learn more about visibility options, view the Canvas Course Visibility Options PDF.
- If a course includes an end date, the course is not automatically removed from the Public Course Index.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.
2. Click the Course Details tab.
3. In the visibility options, click the Include this course in the public course index checkbox.
4. In the description field, enter a description for your course.
5. Click the Update Course Details button.