- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Courses & Sections
- Change Default Course Term Dates
Default Course Term Dates
[Printer Icon] Print this article
All VCU courses are defaulted to open one week before courses begin. If instructors would like students to have earlier access to their course this can be overridden.
Note: If the course is still set to "Unpublished" students will not see these courses until the instructor publishes.
1. From within the individual course, click Settings.
2. Select the Course Details tab.
3. Scroll down to "Term" and set the desired Start and End Dates.
4. Very Important: Check the box that states, "Students can only participate in the course between these dates."
5. Click the Update Course Details button at the bottom of the page.