Course Setup Tutorial
The Canvas course setup tutorial helps you become familiar with the feature areas available in a Canvas course. In each area, the tutorial displays a brief overview and links to user guides that relate to that feature. The tutorial can be useful when setting up a new course or learning about an individual feature area.
The course setup tutorial is available in the following feature areas: Announcements, Assignments, Collaborations, Conferences, Course Import, Discussions, Files, Grades, Home Page, Modules, New Analytics, Outcomes, Pages, People, Quizzes, Rubrics, Settings, Syllabus, and Zoom LTI integration page.
- This feature is currently an account opt-in feature. You must go to Account Settings to enable/disable this feature.
- You can close the course tutorial at any time. If you want to reenable the course tutorial, you can enable the tutorial as a user feature option in User Settings.
- The course setup tutorial does not display in blueprint courses.
1. In Global Navigation, click the Account link . Then click the Settings link .
2. Scroll down to user feature options and click the Course Set-up Tutorial button to enable the course setup tutorial.
3. Open the course by clicking on the Courses link in Global Navigation  and selecting the name of the course you want to view .
4. New courses will open to the Home Page, which displays the Home Page tutorial . The tutorial tells you the purpose of the page  and provides links to related Canvas guides .
To view the course setup tutorial for a different page in Canvas, click the link for the page in Course Navigation.
The tutorial content will update to reflect the page you are viewing.
By default, the tutorial is expanded in each page. Once you read the content in the tutorial, you may want to collapse the tutorial as some pages contain content behind the tutorial. The state of the tutorial is persistent across Canvas pages, so if you collapse the tutorial in one page, it will stay collapsed until expanded again.
To expand or collapse the tutorial, click the Arrow icon.
5. To end the tutorial at any time, click the Don't Show Again button located at the bottom of the tutorial and click the Okay button.
Note: Ending the tutorial means that the tutorial will no longer display in any of your courses.