Link a YouTube Video to a Discussion
You can add a YouTube video in a discussion or discussion reply by adding the URL of the video as a link.
Note: Video playback defaults to the lowest resolution quality. Users can manage video playback options in the video settings menu.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Discussions link.
2. Click the + Discussion button (to create a new discussion) or Click the discussion name if this is for a reply.
3. If this is a reply, click the Reply text field. If this is a new discussion, use the rich content editor to insert your video.
4. To embed a URL in the discussion reply, click the Link icon  and select the External Links option .
- You can also insert a link using the Insert menu options .
- If enabled in your course, you can link to a YouTube video from the Apps icon .
- You can also embed the video code .
You can view a list of external tools from the menu bar. Click the Tools link . Navigate to the Apps option , then select the View All option .
Alternatively, you can view your apps from the toolbar. In the toolbar, click the App icon .
5. Enter a search term in the Search field . Then press Return (Mac) or Enter (PC) on your keyboard.
To view more information about a search option, click the video name .
6. To embed the video in the Rich Content Editor, click the Embed button .
To manage the video embed options, click the Embed drop-down menu . You can select to embed a video hyperlink , or you can select to embed a small, medium, or large version of the video in the Rich Content Editor .
View the embedded video in the Rich Content Editor.
7. Click Save or Post Reply.