View Global Announcements
You can view current and recent global announcements on the Global Announcements page. Global announcements are announcements created by an admin user at your institution and display on the Dashboard to all applicable user roles. The Global Announcements page displays global announcements that are currently active, announcements that you dismissed from the dashboard, and announcements from the past four months.
1. In the Global Navigation menu, click the Account link , then click the Global Announcements link .
View Current and REcent Announcements
To view currently active announcements, click the Current tab.
There are five announcement types for global announcements:
- A blue announcement with an i icon indicates an information announcement type.
- A red announcement with an exclamation icon indicates an error announcement type.
- An orange announcement with an exclamation icon indicates a warning announcement type.
- A blue announcement with a question icon indicates a question announcement type.
- A blue announcement with a calendar icon indicates a calendar announcement type.
To view announcements from the past four months, click the Recent tab .
When you dismiss a global announcement, Canvas displays a message notifying you that you can view the announcement on the Global Announcements page. To view the announcement, click the View button.