Use SpeedGrader to view submitted assignments, comment on student submissions, and grade assignments.
You can access an assignment in SpeedGrader directly from the Gradebook.
- SpeedGrader displays assignment submissions according to the current Gradebook settings for inactive enrollments and concluded enrollments.
- When a section filter is applied in the Gradebook, SpeedGrader also displays assignment submissions for the same section.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
2. Hover over the assignment column header and click the Options icon.
3. Click the SpeedGrader link.
If you have enabled the Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group setting, you must select a student group before launching SpeedGrader. To select a student group in the Gradebook, choose a student group in the Gradebook filters.
Canvas allows you to access SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion.
From Assignments or Quizzes
1. In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
2. Click the name of the assignment.
SpeedGrader will be available in every graded assignment, including quizzes or graded discussions.
Open SpeedGrader from a Graded Assignment or Quiz
Within a graded assignment or quiz, the SpeedGrader link will appear in the sidebar located on the right-hand side under Related Items.
Select Group to Grade
If you have enabled the Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group setting in course details, you must select a student group before opening SpeedGrader from an assignment or quiz. To select a student group, click the Select Group to Grade drop-down menu.
Note: When this option is enabled, certain areas that open SpeedGrader will prompt you to select a student group to view in SpeedGrader. In areas that do not provide this option, SpeedGrader will open filtered to the first group that contains students. You can change the student group that opens by first selecting a student group in the New Gradebook. However, if you open SpeedGrader for a specific student, SpeedGrader will open filtered by the first available student group in which the student is a member. Additionally, if you open SpeedGrader from a specific student who is not a member of a student group, group filters will not be applied.
Open SpeedGrader from a Graded Discussion
Within a graded discussion, click the Options icon  and click the SpeedGrader link .