Set Default Grade for an Assignment
If you want to set a default grade for a certain assignment, use the assignment drop-down menu. Default grades can either be applied to all students or only students who have not yet received a grade.
- When Multiple Grading Periods are enabled in a course, you cannot set a default grade for any assignment that has at least one student in a closed grading period.
- When Moderated Grading is enabled for an assignment, the Set Default Grade option is not available before grades are released.
- Submission status is not factored into default grade application.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
2. Hover over the assignment column header and click the Options icon1].
3. Click the Set Default Grade link.
Create Default Grade
Type the default grade value in the Grade Value field . If you would like to overwrite existing grades for the assignment, select the Overwrite already-entered grades checkbox .
Click the Set Default Grade button .
- If the Grade Value field is left empty and the Overwrite already-entered grades checkbox is checked, all assignment grades will be removed.
- A default grade will be assigned to students regardless of submission status.
4. Click the OK button.