Canvas is built on open web standards and uses minimal instances of Flash, so most features are supported on mobile devices. With the growing use of mobile devices, you should build your courses with best practices for mobile in mind.
You can access Canvas from any browser on your Android/iOS device. However, mobile browsers are not supported, and features may not function as expected compared to viewing Canvas in a fully supported desktop browser.
On mobile devices, Canvas is designed to be used within Canvas mobile applications. Canvas pages within a mobile browser are only supported when an action in the app links directly to the browser, such as when a student takes certain types of quizzes. Support is not extended to pages that cannot currently be used in the app, such as Conferences or Collaborations.
Additionally, Canvas offers limited support for native mobile browsers on tablet devices. For details, please reference the limited-support mobile browser guidelines.
Canvas is actively improving their native mobile applications to support as many Canvas features as possible. Instructure has four native mobile applications for instructors free for download on both phones and tablets.
- Canvas Teacher App (iOS 10.0+, Android 5.0+). This app allows you to manage course content and grade student submissions on the go. Syncs with SpeedGrader and the Gradebook. View Canvas Teacher mobile features by version and device.
- MagicMarker (iOS 8.0+ iPad only). This app assists you with standards-based learning. Syncs with the Learning Mastery Gradebook.
- Polls for Canvas (iOS 7.0+, Android 4.0+). This app is the easy to way for you to collect student opinion in your courses without any extra devices.
When searching to "Find my school" there are 2 types of login options.
1. There is a Virginia Commonwealth University login. This requires usres to use their VCU eID and password.
2. There is a Virginia Commonwealth University Alternate Logiin (e.g. Canvas Catalog users) login. This is used for anyone who is using a personal email to login and catalog users.