Add Prerequisites to Module
When you set a module prerequisite, the module is locked until a student completes the required items. However, unless completion requirements are set for prior modules, students will still be able to access upcoming modules.
When selecting a prerequisite module, you can only choose from previous modules. You may need to reorder modules to correct prerequisite availability.
Note: You can only add prerequisites if you have added at least one module.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
2. Locate the name of the module and click the Options icon . Select the Edit link .
3. Click the Add Prerequisite link.
4. In the module drop-down menu, select the module students must complete before moving on.
To add additional prerequisites, click the Add Prerequisite link . If you want to ensure students complete modules in order, you should add prerequisites for all modules that come before this module.
To remove a prerequisite, click the Remove icon .
5. Click the Update Module button.
If you change prerequisites that students have already fulfilled, Canvas will ask if you want to let students progress through the course or re-lock the modules and require students to complete the prerequisites again.
To re-lock the modules, click the Re-Lock Modules button . To allow students to continue without any changes, click the Continue button .
View your prerequisite(s) in the module header.