Add External URL as Module Item
You can add a URL link to your modules.
When adding an External URL to a module, the dialog box includes an option to load the URL in a new browser tab. When this option is selected, Canvas will display the page to students outside of Canvas. If the External URL is part of a module requirement, Canvas will also register the progression so that the module footer will appear and allow the student to advance to the next module item.
When this option is not selected, the content is embedded in an iFrame for easy viewing. However, some sites have disabled embedding and require users to open the content in a new window. Users can open the link in a new window by right-clicking the link and selecting the option to view in a new window or tab.
Note: Numerous module items may affect performance. Modules supports up to 100 module items in the student progress page.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
2. Click the Add Item button.
3. In the Add [Item Type] To: drop-down menu, select the External URL option.
4. Type or paste the URL in the URL field . Give your External URL a page name . To have the URL open in a new browser tab, click the Load in a new tab checkbox . Choose whether or not to indent the item in the module drop-down menu .
5. Click the Add Item button.