Student Incompletes from Blackboard to Canvas
In the event that you have students who were unable to complete your course in Blackboard, you must prepare for this before May 31, 2021 when Blackboard will be decommissioned. Below are details about exporting Blackboard assignments and importing them into Canvas.
Final grades for Spring 2021 are due in Banner on May 18, 2021, so there should be plenty of time to identify and secure the information needed before May 31, 2021.
- Identify all students who require access to Spring 2021 courses that were delivered in Blackboard.
- From each course, download the Blackboard Grade Center.
- Be sure to export the Blackboard course content in case you decide to import it into the new Canvas course shell.
- Request a Continuous Enrollment Course Shell
- In the new continuous enrollment course shell, manually enroll the students previously identified in step #1.
- Import assignments or other specific content the student(s) need to complete, into the new continuous enrollment course shell. How to select course assignments and import.
NOTE: Assignments, tests, discussion posts, etc. that a student may have completed in Blackboard cannot be uploaded to Canvas. You can download the grade center for your own records, and manually transfer those grades into Canvas. If there are any papers or completed details you need, this would be the time to do this as well.
Additional Information you May Need to Know
How to Change the Default Term Dates in case your course has already closed but a student still needs access.