Only Allow Users to Interact with Others in their Section
If your course includes multiple sections, you can limit users in a section to only see users enrolled in the same section. This option is useful when several sections have been cross-listed into a single course.
You can set limitations when adding users to a course, or after students have already been added to the course.
Limiting students to interact by section only affects Collaborations, People, and Conversations. When enrolling instructors and TAs, section limitations allow those users to grade students in their same section(s).
Discussion topics and Pages are not affected by section limitations and can be viewed by any student. These feature areas could be restricted by creating content in course groups.
- The option to limit a user displays even if there is only one section in the course.
- You can also hide the section column from students on the People page to prevent students from viewing course sections.
1. In Course Navigation, click the People link.
2. In the search field , search for the name of the user. You can also filter users by role in the Roles drop-down menu .
3. Click the user's Options icon , then select the User Details link .
4. Locate the Membership Section in the user details page. Click the Limit this user to only see fellow section users link.
Allow Users to See All Course Users
To reverse this actions, click the let this user see all course users link.