Edit Assessment or Assessment Details
After you have created an assessment, you can edit the assessment in New Quizzes. This lessons shows how to edit the title, instructions, and individual questions in an assessment. You can also manage delivery settings in New Quizzes.
To edit the point total, assignment group, due date, availability dates, and individual students and course sections who will receive the assessment, you need to edit the assessment from the Assignments Page in Canvas.
If you edit a New Quizzes assessment after students have taken the quiz, you will be prompted to edit a copy of the question you're editing. If you edit a copy of the question, Canvas will create a new version of the question only visible to students who have not yet taken the quiz or who have additional attempts.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
2. Click the title of the assessment.
3. Scroll down and click the Save button.
4. Click the Title field to edit the title of the assess,ent. Then enter the new assessment title.
5. Click the Instructions field to edit the instructions.
Use the Rich Content Editor to enter your instructions. Assessment instructions can include images, media, and links.
6. Locate the question you want to edit  then click the Edit icon .
7. Edit the question.
8. If the question you want to edit has been added to an item bank, a warning message will display on the page. You will only be able to edit some options and point values in the question.
To edit the question in the item bank, click the Edit in Bank button located within the warning message.