Quizzes in Canvas
You can view all your quizzes in your course on the Quizzes Index page. As an instructor, you can also add quizzes and modify quiz settings.
Note: If you are using the New Quizzes LTI in your course, the Quizzes page also displays New Quizzes assessments. For help with New Quizzes functionality, see the New Quizzes chapter.
Quizzes in Canvas are assignments that can be used to challenge student understanding and assess comprehension of course material. The quiz tool is used to create and administer online quizzes and surveys. Quizzes can also be used to conduct and moderate exams and assessments, both graded and ungraded.
Canvas has four different types of quizzes:
- A graded quiz is the most common quiz and rewards students points based on their quiz responses.
- A practice quiz is a learning tool to see how well users understand course material without providing a grade.
- A graded survey rewards students with points for completing a survey but grading is not based on right or wrong answers.
- An ungraded survey obtains opinions or other information without providing a grade.
You can use Quizzes to:
- Create new quizzes with individual questions and question groups
- Set up question banks
- Import external quizzes
- Show one quiz question at a time
- Create quizzes for all students, individual students, or course sections