Collaborate Ultra (Decommissioning on June 30, 2021)
Important Notice: Collaborate Ultra will be decommissioned on June 30, 2021. Please visit the Learning Systems blog post for more information. Be sure to subscribe for live updates.
Description: Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a real-time audio and video conferencing tool that allows file and application sharing, content delivery through a virtual whiteboard, and interactive discussions. Collaborate Ultra opens in your browser, so there is no additional software to install, and the tool is integrated with Blackboard (VCU's Learning Management System) for easy access within your online courses. Collaborate sessions can be recorded by instructors for playback later, via a web link or within your Canvas course.
Platform: Windows and Mac
Cost: Available to all VCU faculty and staff.
Blackboard has designed and developed Collaborate Ultra in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States.
- Audio and video setup
- Closed captioning
- Playback keyboard shortcuts
- Screen readers
For more information on university copyright policies see the VCU Libraries Research Guide to Copyright for Faculty.
- Search for information in Collaborate Ultra's support knowledgebase.
- If you are a moderator, support is available in the Collaborate Ultra Moderator Knowledgebase.
- If you are a participant, support is available in the Collaborate Ultra Participant Knowledgebase.
- To check the operational status of the Collaborate Ultra service, please see Blackboard's Services Status website.
- Number of Connections per Session - There are no limits to the number of participants per session. However, we request that if you expect more than 400 participants in one session, please complete a Large Event Request.
- For all other support questions, please contact the IT Support Center.