Request Personal Capture (PCAP) Software
The VCU-hosted EchoSystem Server will no longer be available for Personal Capture publishing after June 30th, 2018. More information can be found in the new AskIt Personal Capture documentation
The Echo360 Personal Capture (PCAP) software is available to all faculty, staff, and students. Everyone using PCAP must adhere to VCU's Computer and Network Resources Use Policy.
Instructors must request PCAP for any student they are sponsoring. Refer to Request Personal Capture (PCAP) Software for Students for more information.
Follow the steps below to request access to download the software, or if you need assistance determining whether or not you have access.
Instructors may also use the steps below to request additional Blackboard course publishers be set up in the EchoSystem Server (ESS) for their personal captures.
The following information is needed to complete the request ticket: VCU eID, School/Department, and Blackboard course ID(s) if captures will be published to a Bb course (i.e. ACCT-101-001-2015Fall).
1. Complete the Request Form via the VCU Technology Services IT Support Center.
2. Click on Submit a Ticket.
3. Enter your VCU eID and Password.
4. Select I Need Assistance with from drop-down - Applications - Echo360 Personal Capture.
5. Complete form and click OK.
6. Enter a phone number and click on Faculty, Staff, or Student (this software is only available for faculty).
7. Click Save.
Note: The Learning Systems staff will notify the instructor when your request has been completed. This may take 24 hours depending on the time of year. The beginning of a semester is always very busy. Users will be given access to the EchoSystem Server (ESS) with instructions on how to download the software.