Automated vs. Live Monitoring
Note: Both automated and live monitoring are available during our Spring 2021 semester trial.
Automated proctoring begins before the exam does – with comprehensive auto authentication.
There are three distinct stages, where the test-takers will:
- Submit an official ID and a real-time image taken from the webcam. These will be matched against the test-taker’s ID on file.
- Answer a series of "challenge" questions to further verify their identity.
- Submit a digital signature that measures the keystroke cadence, which will be matched against the test-taker’s original digital signature on file.
Next, the test-taker begins the exam and full automated proctoring technology takes over. It monitors the test from start to finish. At the end of each proctoring session, a full video of the exam, along with time-stamped comments, will be posted to the Examity dashboard for review.
Live Proctoring includes video capture and a human audit of the proctoring session.
- Live proctoring is secure and includes ID verification, challenge questions, and a digital signature.
- Once a test-taker is authenticated, the exam begins, and the technology monitors the test-taker for the entire duration of the exam. It captures audio motion, and systemic changes to identify any abnormal test-taking behaviors.
- At the conclusion of the live proctoring session, Examity conducts a human audit that will review the authentication and exam session, along with all AI-related findings.
- After the review, the exam video along with time stamped violation flags and comments, will be released to the Examity dashboard.