Create an Exam Using Examity
To use Examity in Canvas, you'll first create course assessments in the Canvas Quizzes tool or a third-party testing tool, and then use Examity to schedule assessments that require proctoring.
To set up an assessment to be proctored using Examity:
1. Create a Quiz within the course.
- The Canvas Quizzes tool: You don't need to create all of the questions for the assessment to schedule proctoring with Examity, but you must create and save the assessment.
Note: You must use classic Canvas Quizzes with Examity; the New Quizzes tool will not work.
- A third-party testing tool (such as a homework platform): Copy the link to the exam.
For Examity to be able to pull your Canvas Quiz information into its system, be sure to do the
following things as you set up your Canvas Quiz:
- Include the word "PROCTORED" in the name of the Quiz in Canvas. For example,
instead of naming the Quiz, "Biology Final"; name it, "Biology Final_PROCTORED"
- Make your exam password-protected. To do this, while setting up the exam check the and enter the password for the exam (this password is made up by the instructor.) DO NOT share this password with students; it ensures that students have authenticated with a proctor before taking the exam.
- In the Assign you will want to set a Due Date, an Available From and an Until date.
- You must Publish your Exam.
2. In Modules, click the ExamitySSO link. If you have not yet set this up, navigate to the instructions by clicking on the "Add External Tools" tab above, or use this shortcut.
3. Click . The Examity dashboard will load. Open the exam settings and check to make sure the imported information is correct.
4. Click Save Exam to close the window.
5. Communicate with your students to let them know they must access their assessments via Examity.
Instructors must set up this Examity tool link in their course for both students and instructors to login to Examity.
(Note that you cannot add Examity to your course navigation; it can only be added to a module at this time.)
1. In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
2. You could create a new Module and call it Examity. To do this this click the Add Module button
Click the Add Item button with an existing module.
3. Select External Tool from the "Add" dropdown menu  and select ExamitySSO from the tool options .
4. Check the box to “Load in a New Tab.”
5. Click Add Item.
6. View the Examity link in the Module. Publish both the Module and the ExamitySSO external tool you just created.
7. Click the ExamitySSO external tool link and authorize to allow Examity access to your account.
Note: The first time you click the link in your course, Examity creates your new course instance. You need to do this every semester for all courses that use Examity. Examity will automatically import your exam information (for example, dates and times the exam is available, password).
Your course information will be imported into Examity automatically within 24 hours. It will take about 24 hours for your student enrollment information to appear in Examity as well.