Machine Captioning (70%-80% Accuracy)
For Mechanical Captions (Automated Speech Recognition - 75% Accuracy), all you need to do is add the tag “CaptionASR” to your video. To do this:
Login to Kaltura
1. Go to My Media.
2. Find the video you would like captioned.
3. Click Edit for the video.
4. Scroll down and enter the text "CaptionASR" into the Tags field.
5. Click Save.
6. Your automatic captioning request will be placed into the machine’s queue and will be available based on the order in which it was received. This will take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours.
To edit Mechanical Captions
- Go into My Media
- Find the media in which you would like to edit the mechanical captions and click on the Title.
- Click on the title of the media.
- Click on Actions, beneath the media.
- Choose Caption Requests.
- Click on the "Refresh List" link to see your caption request and then click the blue Edit button when the page refreshes.
- You'll then be sent to the editing page. You'll be able to pause, playback, fast forward and rewind in this mode. Edits to text can be made in the lower right of the screen. NOTE: It is imperative that you check the captions after they have been completed, to inspect and correct.
- When finished, click the Green Save Button, then Approve.
Human Captioning (99% Accuracy)
For 2-pass Human Captioning, the rate is $110 per media hour.
**All videos are rounded up to the next hour. This means that 5 minute media content will be charged for 1 hour and 1 hour, 2 minute (1:02:00) media content will be charged for two hours.**
To request Human Captioning:
1. Go to My Media and locate the video you want captioned.
2. Click on the title of the video.
3. Beneath the video, click the Actions dropdown menu.
4. Select Order Captions.
This automatically creates a ServiceDesk ticket to the Learning Systems Team. Your request will be reviewed and you will receive an email from ServiceDesk requesting a Banner Index Code for billing. Once your Banner Index Code is received by the Learning Systems Team, your captioning request will be sent for processing.