Publishing Echo Captures in Kaltura (Dept. Admins)
Echo Department Administrators should refer to the details below for scheduling Echo captures for automatic publishing to Kaltura - My Media. Scheduling for Kaltura publishing works the same as any other Echo Publisher (i.e., Blackboard). The Echo Department Administrator must add the Kaltura Publisher to the Course Section in Echo so that future captures will publish automatically to Kaltura - My Media.
- Only the presenter who is listed first on the Echo Details Page will receive a notice that the publishing to Kaltura is complete or a notice of any issues that may have occurred during publishing. This presenter should use the tools in Kaltura to share with other Echo presenters as needed.
- This presenter's email address on the Echo System Server (ESS) must follow this standard VCU syntax: eID@vcu.edu. Non-VCU email addresses will cause an error and the publishing to Kaltura - My Media will fail.
- Echo Personal Captures and Audio-only captures cannot be published to Kaltura - My Media automatically. Personal Captures can be uploaded from your personal computer directly into Kaltura - My Media.
- Scheduling automatic publishing from Echo to Kaltura -My Media does not support reprocessing of captured echoes into different Echo product groups.
- Automatic publishing of Echo captures to Kaltura - My Media will not retain bookmarks or discussions.
- Once the Kaltura Publisher has been added to a new scheduled Echo Course Section, all future Echo captures for that Course Section will be published to Kaltura - My Media.
- If the Kaltura Publisher is added to an existing scheduled Echo Course Section (that is no older than 14 days), all future and past Echo captures for that Course Section will be published to Kaltura - My Media.
- Echo Academic Staff can download the mp3, or m4v files from the Echo System Server (ESS) and upload them to Kaltura - My Media.
- Echo Academic Staff can download and play the full Echo presentation to their work or personal computers. Be aware that media files can be quite large, and when downloaded, they will use disk space on your computer. It is recommended that you monitor disk space and manage any downloaded presentations.
1. Log into the EchoSystemServer (ESS) at https://go.vcu.edu/ess using your VCU eID and password.
NOTE: In order to access EchSystemServer (ESS), you will need to be on VCU's network either physically or via VPN.
2. Select Schedule on the main tab and then select Courses on the sub-tab.
3. Click on the title of the course that has the section you want to publish to Kaltura.
4. This opens the. In the Sections area, hover your cursor over one of the sections, and click Edit which will open the Edit Section page.
5. Scroll down to the Configured Publishers area and c