Receiving an Error Message
Receiving an error message when trying to upload a paper to SafeAssign
Error message says: "Sorry, we do not think you are logged in to SafeAssign. Your session may have timed out. If you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator."
You need to enable cookies in your browser
- To Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer
- Tools, Internet Options, Privacy Tab
- Click the "Default" button (or manually slide the bar down to "Medium") under "Settings".
- Click ok
- To Enable Cookie in Firefox
- Tools, Options
- Select the "Privacy" icon
- Check the box to "Accept cookies from sites"
- Click ok
- To Enable Cookies in Safari
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box, for "Accept Cookies", click the button beside "Always"
- Click close
- Students encounter errors while attempting to access or submit the assignment.
Error message says: "This course is out of sync with SafeAssign, please ask your instructor to re-sync your assignment"
- Instructor gets a blank page when using the Direct Submit feature for the first time
- After copying a course containing SafeAssignments into another course, or moving an individual SafeAssignment into another course
Instructor needs to synchronize their SafeAssignment
- Go course control panel and click on SafeAssign (in the Course Tools area)
- When the SafeAssignments screen appears, click on the link that says "Synchronize this course"
- The synchronization process will run. Although the process usually finishes within a short period of time, it is largely dependent upon the number of assignments and students within the course.
This article was updated: 07/2/2013