Description: StudyMate software allows instructors create a variety of Flash-based activities using simple templates. The Flash activities can be used with any web server or published directly to a Blackboard course. StudyMate helps students "master the basics" of course material through learning activities, self-assessments, and games. A dozen activities – such as flashcards, crosswords, and quizzes – engage students with course content in an individualized way. Students can access StudyMate activities using computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Cost: No charge
Use the tabs below to download and start using StudyMate today!
StudyMate Software and Licensing Requirements
Cost: None. All VCU faculty and staff are licensed to use the product at no cost.
Conditions Of License
Use of the StudyMate products included in this license is subject to all of the following conditions:
- The products may be installed on VCU owned PC's and on privately owned PC's.
- The use of the products under this license is restricted to VCU-related purposes ONLY. (Note that this applies regardless of how the installation media is obtained and who owns or uses the PC on which the products are installed.)
- The products may be used for VCU academic and administrative purposes.
- When you leave VCU you lose the right to use the products, and you must immediately uninstall them from all PCs on which you had installed them and on which you had authorized their installation.
- You may NOT resell this license and/or the products it covers.
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Memory: 32mb RAM minimum
- Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- Monitor: 800x600 minimum (1024x768 recommended)
- Browser Plug-ins: requires Flash Player 7.0 or higher
Download and Install StudyMate
- Login to Blackboard with your eID if/when prompted.
- Return to this page and click on each button below to automatically download the installation file (StudyMateCampus25.exe) and the setup instructions (StudyMate License Information.docx).
- Open the setup instructions by clicking on the downloaded file.
- Locate the installation key (in red) and other setup values. These will be needed to configure the software after installation.
- Click on the downloaded installation file.
- Click "run" and follow the prompts to install the software.
- When prompted, enter the installation key and other details from the setup document.
Retrieve and Apply StudyMate Updates
When an update is available from the vendor, use one of the methods below to acquire the update.
- Check for StudyMate updates in the application. Open StudyMate, navigate to the "Help" menu and select "Check for Update". If an update is found, follow the steps provided to install it.
- Download the full StudyMate application, following the directions above.
Annual Licensing Renewal
The VCU license is renewed annually. When you use the application after July 31st, you should check for updates, or accept them if prompted. If your license key does NOT automatically update, please download the StudyMate licensing information document using the buttons above, and manually enter the updated license key.
- Guides, Features and Videos
- StudyMate Test Bank Network - contains thousands of test banks for the leading textbooks in higher education.
- Instant, context-sensitive help is available from within the StudyMate application by pressing the F1 key. From here you can also select Help from the menu bar and choose a topic.