LANDESK Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst role allows IT technicians to:
- Create an incident or service request for themselves or for a customer.
- Check on open incidents and open service requests.
- Check on resolved incidents and service requests.
- Start a chat session with an VCU IT Support Center analyst.
- Query tickets submitted for themselves or for a customer.
- Perform functions from the “Action Bar” including but not limited to adding notes, attachments, and tasks to existing tickets; reassigning tickets; resolving tickets.
- Submit Change Requests using the Change Management System.
NOTE: Only IT technicians whose departments are utilizing Service Desk have analyst access. All IT technicians who are not using this system will have end user access to the system. For information on end user access navigate here.
For information on using Service Desk as an Analyst, please visit the following subsections:
- Getting Started
- Service Desk Basics
- Incident Management
- Request Management
- Change Management
- Email Notifications
- Service Desk Reporting
- Service Desk FAQs
- Service Desk Tips and Tricks
Questions or Comments?
Please submit all questions, comments, or requests regarding the Service Desk system by selecting one of the quick links on the Service Desk Support dashboard. If you do not currently have access to Service Desk, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227 for assistance.