IT Support Center Online Chat Tool
The IT Support Center Online Chat Tool is available through the Service Desk Self Service page.
Upon login to Service Desk, you can initiate a chat session by navigating to the chat tool on the right-hand side of the page:
- IT Support Center Chat is available during posted hours (Monday-Friday: 9am-4pm). When chat is available, the following screen will appear:
- When chat is unavailable (during off hours, closures, and holidays) it will list as unavailable and you will not be able to initiate a chat.
- To initiate a chat, session, select the blue link “Click here to chat with a support analyst”.
- This will initiate a chat session with the VCU IT Support Center in a separate browser window where you can enter in your question:
- Once started, the chat will begin, and a support analyst will respond to your inquiry:
- All chat transcripts are logged in the system.
Questions or Comments?
Please submit all questions, comments, or requests regarding the Service Desk system by selecting one of the quick links on the Service Desk Support dashboard. If you do not currently have access to Service Desk, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227 for assistance.